Big Island Hawaii Hotels
Island of Adventure
The Island of Hawaii, the “Big Island,” is larger than all of the other Hawaiian Islands combined, and it’s still growing. The island's famous active volcano, Kilauea, has been erupting continuously for 28 years.
The natural diversity is sure to surprise and inspire you, and it surrounds all three of our Big Island hotels.
The island is also home to 11 of the earth’s 13 different climate zones, ranging from lush tropical rain forests and arid deserts to Mauna Kea’s snow-capped mountaintop. The Big Island is also Hawaii’s biggest playground. World-class golf courses, beautiful white-, black- and green-sand beaches, sport fishing, snorkeling, diving, hiking, horseback riding and biking offer more adventures than you’ll have time for in one trip.
Top 10 Things to Do on the Big Island
- Watch molten lava flowing into the sea at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Play a round at one of several championship golf courses on the island
- Stargaze from the slopes of Mauna Kea, home to the world's largest astronomical observatory, and learn about Hawaiian skies at the Imiloa Astronomy Center in Hilo
- Step back in time at one of the island's many cultural landmarks, including the historical sanctuary at Puuhonua o Honaunau or Place of Refuge
- Visit Parker Ranch, one of the oldest and largest cattle ranches in the U.S. and learn about the history and culture of the “paniolo” or Hawaiian cowboys
- Take a walk through a pristine valley to view Akaka Falls, a 420-foot waterfall flowing over a volcanic cliff
- Catch Mahi Mahi, Pacific Blue Marlin, Striped Marlin or Wahoo while deep-sea fishing off the Kona coast
- View the taro fields and lush tropical foliage in beautiful Waipio Valley
- Walk along the Kings' Trail of Anaehoomalu and get a close-up view of thousands of ancient carved rock art, or petroglyphs.
- Take a guided kayak or outrigger canoe tour in the protected Kona waters
Big Island, Hawaii
An intimate, oceanfront resort with breathtaking views and spacious suites. Located just south of historic Kailua-Kona with its charming shops, dining and nightlife. Oceanfront meeting space available.
A view of the golf course can be as exhilarating as a view of the ocean. Located on the sun-drenched Kohala Coast near the Kings' Course and the Beach Course in Waikoloa Resort; featuring large lanais and full kitchens.
Waikoloa Colony Villas is home to a luxurious lifestyle. One-, two-, and three-bedroom villas with gourmet kitchens are adjacent to the 10th fairway of the Waikoloa Resort Beach Course.